Book Online. Meet Online. Pay Online.
Combined with our online booking and online payments features, we run our practice seamlessly online.
With virtual therapy, you can see your wellness practitioner via secure video on your favourite device.
Virtual Services We Offer
Free Meet & Greet (all practitioners)
- Initial Consult
- Follow Up
- Acute Appointment
How it Works – Simple Steps:
Go to Jane (Booking site)
Select Appointment Type
Select a Therapist
Select a Date & Time
Receive Confirmation Email
Complete Intake Form (online, sent via email)
Begin Appointment (at selected date & time)
- Provide payment information
- More detailed technical instructions: see below
What do I need for a virtual appointment?
You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with camera access, a stable internet connection, and (if possible), a private and quiet location.
How do I join my online video appointment?
There are two ways you can begin your virtual appointment.
1. Join via Email Appointment Reminder
You will receive an appointment reminder email sent to you by your provider before your scheduled appointment time. Click the button at the bottom of the email to begin.
2. Join via My Account
Alternatively, you can access this same button by logging into your account by visiting our clinic booking site
You will see a list of your appointments, as well as a ‘Begin’ button beside the upcoming appointment.
Please visit Jane’s guide for video demonstrations and more information:
Do I have to download anything?
No – just click and begin! (see above)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is virtual therapy effective?
- Numerous studies have demonstrated that online counselling is just as effective as face-to-face counselling and sometimes even more effective!
- Many research studies actually show no difference in client outcomes or satisfaction between in-person and video delivered therapy.
- “Research suggests that patients report enhanced therapeutic alliance, increased self-disclosure, and decreased stigma with distance services when compared to face-to-face services.” (Mental Health Commission, 2014).
What if I am having technical difficulties with my video appointment?
Feel free to reach out to us to troubleshoot, or alternatively, we can plan to do a phone appointment.
How are my privacy and security protected?
Secure & HIPAA-compliant data transfer
Our telehealth feature (via Jane software) is built within secure infrastructure and is designed from the ground up to be secure. All data is encrypted in transit, and nothing is ever recorded or stored. And in most cases, the encrypted data flows directly from our practitioner’s to the client’s device, bypassing Jane’s servers altogether.
Privacy and confidentiality are top of mind for us, and we ensure to safeguard the information you provide. Our privacy and confidentiality standards are by far more advanced than what is required by law or regulations, so you can feel safe and comfortable.
- Everything you tell us is protected by strict federal and state laws.
- Our servers are hosted in an “A Grade” facility, ensuring the best-in-class security and protection.
- Our browsing encryption system (SSL) follows modern best practices, providing world class online security and encryption.
Can I be reimbursed by my insurance or use my benefits?
Our services are covered by most health & workplace benefit plans. If you consider using your health insurance, please check your coverage carefully by asking which providers are included in mental health or paramedical services:
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Registered Psychologist
- Registered Social Worker
- Clinical Counsellor/ Clinical Therapist
- Marriage/ Family Therapist
- Naturopathic Doctor
How do I pay for an appointment?
We will collect payment information from you when we begin our session. For virtual sessions, both credit cards and e-transfers are options. If you prefer to give us these details via an alternate method of communication prior to our session, please let us know before our scheduled appointment.
How to set up a space for virtual appointments
- If possible, identify a quiet, enclosed space to protect your privacy. Please avoid doing teletherapy sessions while driving.
- Feel free to use headphones
- Turn off any notifications and minimize sounds that could be distracting during the session.
Simple and Safe!